Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Man In Black

I got an e-mail this morning asking why I chose the URL "makejohnnycash" and the relation to the singer.

Actually there is no relation or association... he was the Man In Black -- I want to be the man in the black. Subtle difference, but good question!

Busy writing an article on-spec today, a profile of a business person, so had to research, write, check facts, 1st draft, 2nd draft... blah blah blah. Happy with the final result, just got that off to the "client" and now I'm back in job search mode.

Thought about my feedback to Monday's meeting, wrote what I could deliver for the company, and got that off to them, so awaiting a response from that.

Applied for a writing position with an agency, checked their website first to get the vibe. The "About Us" section is always important to see if it's the sort of place I'd like to be in. The client list was impressive too, and the "Crew" section had people dressed up from the 70's -- cool! My resume is in their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment