Thursday, November 23, 2006

Be A Guerrilla, Not A Monkey

Got my Record of Employment in the mail today, cool, one less worry.

Spent the morning contacting the local and national media via some guerrilla marketing pitches, good response... watch this space!

Applied for two suitable jobs; one was a maternity leave vacancy for a year. Not ideal -- because I'll be in the same position in 12 months -- but I like the job description, I know the company and sometimes these temporary contracts turn into permanent when the new mum decides she just can't bear to be parted from junior after a year by returning to work.

The other was for a content management position at another large media company. My instincts tell me it might be a slightly more junior role than what I am looking for, but it's worth an e-mail to find out.

Lunch was a Subway and an episode of Iron Chef America that I taped as I love great food, but can't cook.

Shirley Manson and Garbage on shuffle mode got me through my gym session, then it was back to the job hunt.

I went through my list of agencies that I've signed up for in the past, and refreshed my resume with a separate e-mail to notify them that I'm back in the game and to please keep me posted. Chatted (via Google Talk) to a former freelancer that has written for me before -- he was applying for an opportunity that I spotted too on Craigslist, but wasn't my thing. I wished him luck and we agreed to swap leads. (BTW, if anyone needs an excellent writer to cover poker then contact me and I'll pass your details onto him.)

Just scanned the job boards one last time. Today's hunt is done. Chinese food on the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment