Tuesday, March 24, 2009

People Are The Killer App

I just read Jason Baer's interview with Beth Harte, and saw her quote: "@bethharte: It's about the 'who' not the 'what.' People want to connect with ppl."

As I said in the comments section ... "Finally!" I was referring to my post back in December 2006 about Web Who.0. Just now, at 12:17 a.m. (I am a night owl) this thought struck me:

PEOPLE ARE THE KILLER APP. (Yes, caps lock for me shouting in realization.)

Social media is just the software really. It has no life without its users. Sometimes you get a successful reboot, or sometimes the Blue Screen Of Death, but when something really great happens, then people are the one app that will always be needed, no matter what comes along in this exciting wave of transparency, immediacy and community.

Press that On Button and install some People into your daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment