Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy 2010! And Please Get Back To People, People

Well, it's been about a month since I last posted, so time to get back into the groove. I was in Scotland over Christmas, and doing some Greenscroll stuff. We bought our first 12 RECs which was exciting, as it means we have officially greened some of our supporters' websites, so it's great to be off and running.

I read some bloggers' predictions for what will be hot in 2010, and most say mobile or location-based apps. Can't say I disagree, but one thing I think we'll see more of is self-professed social media "experts" finally disappearing as potential clients realize that they can't produce one case study of work they've actually done. Great! Let's call some people out, and make them put up or shut up.

On that note, my eyes were opened at various times in 2009 by the amount of people who profess to be in social media ... actually run companies on that claim ... and yet can't be bothered to answer e-mails, respond and follow up as promised behind the scenes. How effing social is that?! I'm holding back here, but will be keeping an eye on them for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment