Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lucky Escape

Saw an ad for a position that interested me, worth an application to find out more...

[Reproduced verbatim.]

Company: "When would you like to come for discussion?"

Me: "Thanks for the quick reply. Please can you let me know where you're based?"

Company: "****/****."

Me: "OK, cool. Please can you send me your phone number so I can ask a few questions about the position?"

Company: "You can ask any question by e-mail."

Me: "Please can you give me a salary range?"

Company: "Sure, but I need to know what can you do for me first."

Well, you already know "what I can do for you first" as I outlined it in my comprehensive cover letter and resume. And I'm not jumping through hoops for a company that won't even give me a phone number to call.

Delete.

No comments:

Post a Comment