Tuesday, January 30, 2007

PR? Hmmm.

A former colleague saw my CityNews slot and asked me if I'd be interested in trying to get the same kind of exposure for a couple of his niche Web properties. I'm seriously thinking about it.

I tried PR in the UK and only lasted three months. I am a creative guy, but was very frustrated that every press release or article I wrote promoting the client was checked by around two million people in the chain before it was released. I understand it has to be the right message, accurate and so on... but if you work on something for too long and have too much input from too many people with too many opinions for too many days, then it loses the original buzz and impact. So I quit, and vowed never to work at a PR job.

But, my attitude has changed since setting up the blog and I realise that I can get things noticed in the right places if I am interested enough in the property I am trying to push. So, I am toying with the idea of setting up my own little one-man-band PR biz for clients that interest me, that I can approach with some guerrilla marketing ideas. Low overheads for me, lower costs for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment